Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! As someone who is 25% Irish (Grandma hails from Cork), and looks 100% (woo-hoo pale skin!) have a wonderful (and corned beef and green beer filled) day!
Since the fine people over at the Lululemon Blog can apparently read my mind, and know exactly what I put into my green smoothies each and every morning… I figured I’d share their creation (and let’s be real the pictures they take look a hell of a lot more appetizing than mine!)
Start your day with a different festive green beverage… then move on to your libation of choice
• 2 cups of spinach
• 1 frozen banana
• 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or original)
• a shake of cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon of natural almond butter (or peanut butter)
*the healthy fat and protein gives the smoothie staying power
• 1 scoop protein powder (I like SunWarrior vanilla or chocolate)
* protein powder is perfect for post-workout muscle repair
• a serving of granola (or other cereal for crunch)
• fresh berries
I’ll be sipping this while wearing my finest green spandex apparel getting my Pilates Teacher Training on all morning.