Not only did I own the CD, I also owned the movie. On VHS. One step further? I still have (multiple) Spice Girls songs on my running playlists. Nope, still not embarrassed.
The 2nd happiest day of the week (Saturday taking top-billing here), is finally upon us.
The sun even decided to show up today… it’s like it knows the significance of its presence over a weekend.
Would it shock any of you to hear that I inhaled a smoothie (surprise surprise) as usual today?
I swear I had good intentions to turn some leftover quinoa into “oatmeal” and add some delicious toppings. But, as usual – the promise of fruits, veggies, protein, and the general deliciousness of the smoothie, won out.
- 1 c 1% Milk
- Heaping scoop vanilla Elite whey protein powder
- Handful spinach
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen blueberries
- Studies have shown that just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL cholesterol.
- Cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar
- Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood
- When added to food, it inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
- It is a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.
My favorite things to put cinnamon in/on? Sliced apples, oatmeal, smoothies, PB Sandwiches, cookies, breads, pancakes, french toast, waffles, and…. well ok almost anything really!
Since I totally neglected to share last night’s workout… I decided that since my quads were as useless as Hugh Hefner’s Ex that a long power walk to the Golden Gate Bridge and back with my lovely friend Lexi was in order. Overall we covered ~6 miles, had some great girltalk time, and my legs feel good as new this morning!
Sometimes backing off and slowing down is just what you need.
With that, I’m off to meet boyfriend for lunch! Apparently lunch dates and myself are likethis these days!
What’s your favorite spice?
What’s on your playlist that you’re not even a little bit embarrassed about?
(I have Bieber, Glee, Taylor Swift… you name it, I have it!)